Ice Planet Barbarians 2 : Barbarian Alien by Ruby Dixon



This book follows on directly from the first in the series, however I don't feel you specifically need to read them in order and it could definitely be enjoyed as a stand alone. 
This time we follow Liz and we jump right into the action where she has been kidnapped by one of the aliens Haarosh where he is hoping to trigger her a mated bond to form between the two. This is one of the parts which makes more sense if you've read the first book but you could pick it up very easily. 
Again similar to the first novel there are many scenes of a sexual nature however I did find the plot in this book to be particularly moving. 
I began to feel really sorry for Haarosh and all the troubles he has went through in his life as well as admiring how Liz stood up to the challenges she faced and didn't allow herself to be cowed by the situation she found herself in. 
When I found out that the books were part of a much larger series I was worried that they would all be quite repetitive or follow a very similar dynamic however based on the two I have now read and how the other characters who's perspectives I believe we explore later in the series have been introduced there is certainly plenty of scope for unexpected twists and turns. 
Similar to the first book I feel there is just the right amount of world building, enough expansion on the original to allow the story to flow but not a huge information dump which you have to try and keep track of as well as all the new characters. 
Like the first in the series this was also a really quick read and I definitely recommend it if you find yourself in a slump!


Comments