Bring Me Back by B A Paris




This novel came to me recommended by my mum and after reading it I can say it was with good reason. Finn and Layla are young and in love, with everything going for them, while travelling back from a trip one evening Finn stops at a motorway service station to use the facilities and when he goes back to the car Layla is nowhere to be found. Finn contacts the police and Finn tells them everything, co-operating fully, or does he?

Now roughly twelve years after the incident Finn is living with Ellen, Layla’s older sister, and they are engaged, their shared grief having brought them together. At first I thought this was a bit of an odd set up but it’s not something that is unheard of, and who are we to judge? These people have been through the wringer while the police were investigating Layla’s disappearance and surely their focus was on finding her?

They have a comfortable life together, one which suddenly becomes threatened by a simple object, a Russian nesting doll found on the wall outside their house. This seems to be the catalyst for the great unravelling Paris has planned.

I really don’t want to give away any more of the plot because I loved this book and I want you to read it and be as shocked as I was! I like to think I’m pretty well read and can usually anticipate the twists that the author has planned but I honestly did not expect what Paris was able to pull out of the bag.

There were a couple of slower spots in the book but they only serve to make the surprises even more shocking. Just when you think you’ve discovered the truth or got to the bottom of the story you find out you’re wrong in the most spectacular way.

I heartily recommend this book, and think you should definitely add it to your to be read list!


Comments