My Favourite Reads of 2020

I’m still thrilled when I think back to how I managed to read 35 books since March 2020 and after giving it a bit of thought I’ve decided to compile my top 3 for you all. I don’t rate the books I talk about with a star rating or out of five as I know we all have different tastes and I’d rather just tell you about the general vibe I get from a book as well as a few of my favourite parts from it and ultimately if I think it’s worth your time reading or not.

These top three are chosen purely as they are my favourites that I’ve read this past year and I feel like they’re worth sharing with you all again 😊



3. Alone by Robert J Crane has been one of my long standing favourites not only because I think it’s a great book but it also sets the scene and creates the world where the rest of the Sienna Nealon novels take place. I’ve read all 15 of the books in the first series and a couple in the series after and would really love it if I got time to re-read and review them all for you here. I feel that Crane is a bit of an indie author who deserves a lot more acknowledgement for his work.



2. The Night River by E C Hibbs is the final book in the foxfires trilogy which I was very kindly sent in November last year by their author Emma to review in anticipation of the final books release in December. I loved this whole series and if you look further back there are some more in depth reviews of all three books but it was definitely a mixture of the writing style, mythology it was based on and rich imagery which sold me on them, along with the fact that the author is so lovely and genuinely enjoys interacting with her fans.



1. My ultimate favourite of last year is Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo, I had previously read it once a couple of years ago after finding the ebook on offer on my kindle, but it wasn’t until seeing it and some of Bardugos other work on bookstagram that I decided to revisit it. I’m really glad I did and can’t wait till I make time in my reading schedule to read the rest of the trilogy.

What were your favourite books of 2020? Leave a comment and let me know!

Comments