On The Tip of Her Tongue by Jerry Roth

 


Our story starts with Judy, she comes to in a hospital room in her home town with no recollection of her life or the people in it. Judy left her hometown in a rush several years ago to marry Johnny, now a very successful author, and hasn't been back since. 

Left helpless with no clue of who she is or who she was she decides to stay with her parents for a short while and in her teenage bedroom she discovers a book which is the start of a trail of clues allowing her to work out who she was and what has happened to her.

I really enjoyed reading the story of Judy and was kept guessing as to where the story was heading. There were several false leads and possible routes it could have gone down which the author was able to balance masterfully and I really enjoyed all the characters we met throughout.

They were all very vivid and the emotions I felt towards them were very real. I will forever dislike Johnny and will always have a soft spot for Cal after reading this. The story does jump around the timeline a bit, which is only natural with Judy rediscovering her memories, but I found it very easy to keep track and that it didn't confuse the general storyline at all.

Without giving away the plot I can say that overall I found the ending very satisfying if rather surprising, I don't read thrillers often but this one definitely held my attention and I enjoyed the slightly paranormal aspect to it.








Comments

Post a Comment