Beautiful Nightmare by L C Son

 


I really liked Damina as a character in this novel however I do feel like she could have stood up for herself a bit more in the beginning and I felt like we were getting some slightly controlling vibes from Jackson, however as we're introduced to their families at the party the day before their wedding, it becomes clear just how strong her feelings for him are and a proper view of the dynamics in their relationship. 

I don't like Jackson very much at all, mostly due to the fact he breaks Damina's heart in the most brutal way the night before their wedding, and most of his friends and family seem like they're not really worth your time either. This is the turning point for Damina and she makes the decision to pursue her passion, heading to New Orleans for a once in a lifetime opportunity. She discovers something about herself which everyone else has known all her life, something she might have went her whole life without ever finding out. 

This was quite a fast paced novel once we got past the initial introduction and I enjoyed how the author used the dream as a part of that. As always I try my best to avoid any spoilers in my reviews but I will say it took a bit longer than I usually like for the fantasy element to kick in, but the fact the author was able to do so shows her brilliant writing ability. 

Comments