Esemtu Vol 2


Volume 2 picks right up where volume 1 left off. I really loved how this just flowed so seamlessly and I was able to read the whole thing in one sitting.
We got to see a lot more of the demons and mythical creatures which had been mentioned previously as well as a lot more of the gods and their opinions of being called on.
The illustrations in both volume 1 & 2 were amazing and I feel like they really captured the scene they were trying to portray, I haven't read many graphic novels so as a newbie this is a big deal for me. 
I was rather surprised by the direction the story took, which is always a good thing, and I really appreciated the unpredictability of it especially when paired with the fast paced environment it is set in.
The author did a brilliant job of portraying the bond between the main characters, and although some of them have not known each other very long it was easy to pick up on the depth of their connection which is especially noteworthy when done in so few words.
As someone who loves mythology I could really appreciate how beautifully the world the story takes place in was built and love the idea that such a world exists just a mile below where we are carrying on our mundane day to day lives,with no knowledge of it. 
Im very excited to read volume 3 when it comes out! 

Comments