My Initial Thoughts on A Court of Thornes and Roses by Sarah J Maas

 I am very late to the game on this series and I don't really know why!

I hadn't actually heard about it until I joined bookstagram and then just never really got around to reading it. After finishing the first book in the series I realised there was just too much to condense into a single review so I've decided to split it into three separate posts. 

This one where I share my most basic notes which I was able to keep during the first half of the book before I got too engrossed and gave up. Then a spoiler free review/summary as I'm sure there are others like myself who haven't read the series and want to maintain the element of surprise and finally a full on in depth review where I can discuss my thoughts on everything from the characters to the plot in as much detail as I'd like.

This post may contain some slight spoilers so if you haven't read it yet but want some insight I would hold off until Wednesday 25th September when I'll be posting the spoiler free review!


1-15 I don't like feyres family her sisters seem so bitchy, awesome she could kill the wolf, something up with her dad and the fae? Knows more than he let's on? I bet Feyres mum was high fae
15-41 big scary wolf creature, aw her sisters do actually care and her dad isn't completely useless. Way to Go Feyre! You tell that big wolf monster off!
41-82 Feyre is being really rude to Tamlin, I know he kidnapped her and stuff but you'd be grumpy to if you had a mask stuck on your face for 49 years!
Didn't read a few days - Nesta and Lucien would be a good match. I bet Tamlin just wants to make Feyre his wife. The blight must be really bad if his whole court has gone, I'm imagining like a big royal court.
82 - 122 finding the suriel sounds like a really stupid idea, just live your new lush life, your life expectancy probably isn't that long anyway
123- are there water sprites/nymphs
147 - woo go Feyre killing those naga! Don't take their shit!
I fancy a hot chocolate now
aw tamlin is so cute offering to show her the gallery 🥺
152 - I can feel Feyre and Tamlin bonding. Aw I'm so sad the farie lost his wings 😔
161 - Luciens family are dicks
172 - I think we're finally getting somewhere with Feyre & Tamlin!
185 - I feel like she shouldn't be exploring on fire night
187 - I was right
193 - Lucien saves the day!
200ish? - wait, Rhys is the bad guy? Booksta has lead me to believe otherwise...
248 - don't send her away tam! 🥺
272 - nestas not so bad after all, some sweet moments with Feyre but I'm surprised shes not more upset about the Bedors.
272 onwards - too immersed to keep notes far too much going on 🤣

Comments