A Castle For Christmas Review


I love the variety of Christmas films available on Netflix and I couldn't resist watching a new one set in my own country. 

I didn't go in with high expectations but was immediately surprised by some of the bigger names they had in this including Drew Barrymore. The plot itself isn't anything groundbreaking for a Christmas Romcom but I think that actually added a bit of charm to it and it was quite comforting to be able to guess the general direction of the story but still have a few wee surprises thrown in.

As an actual Scottish person with an actual Scottish accent I did find some of the accents in this just truly appalling and I know that adding the subtitles on to the taxi driver at the airport is done for comedic effect but I just found them annoying.

I did enjoy this film a suprising amount and think it's definitely worth a shot but it's not going to replace any of my old favourites like The Grinch or Love Actually.

My favourite quote from the film is definitely "crumble like an oatcake in the rain", and despite never having heard a person say that in my life I've filed it away in case there's ever a chance for me to use it.

Comments