Blogmas day 2; #Backlogblitz reading update


I've decided to do my own mini version of Blogmas this year with a post on Instagram everyday and a post here on the blog as often as I can!

 Back on the 17th of October I decided I was going to take part in a challenge created by a fellow bookstagrammer called the #Backlogblitz. During this challenge you are not allowed to buy anymore books and need to try and work through as much of your TBR pile as possible before the end of the time limit you have set. Since I was taking part in the organised challenge I'm going by the 30th of November as the deadline and had a total of 17 books across physical books, my kindle and audible.

I know it's quite arbitrary but I love taking part in little challenges like this and find them really motivating. 

Unfortunately I was only able to complete two books during this challenge which were Tacos for Two and A Court of Frost and Starlight. I could blame it on lots of reasons including brining home our new puppy and working my new longer hours but to be honest I was just in a complete reading slump. I've decided to continue the book buying ban until the new year and I'm going to try and work through as much of my TBR as I can until then.

Remember don't compare your reading to anyone elses and don't let them make you feel bad if you only read one book for every 5 of theirs!

 If you want to get more information on the challenge or to be alerted when it's happening again check out the creators instagram @the_boozy_baking_bibliophile.


Comments