Blogmas day 4; A Court of Frost and Starlight Review


Generally I really hate it when book series/TV shows do holiday specials. I usually find them boring and a bit tacky, but my love for SJM is so great I thought I'd give this a go.

I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't feel too much like a filler novel and there were some actual substantial moments and character development in it. Particularly Feyre painting again and Nesta showing a bit more of her true colours.

Speaking of Nesta this book really does help set the scene for the next in the series so if for no other reason you should consider reading it for that.

I enjoyed seeing the inner circle interacting more without some huge war or other catastrophe going on and it gave me an idea of what their "everyday" life is like in Velaris.

While there were some of those more substantial moments in there it did feel a little bit like fluff at times, and I appreciate how the author tried to integrate Christmas into being their traditional winter solstice celebration but it just didn't quite hit the mark it for me.

Overall I'm glad I read it and if you have the time I'd recommend you read it to before the next in the series but l'd only rate it overall a 3/5.

Comments