Super easy, super lazy dairy free banana bread.

Just like the title says my foolproof, super easy, super lazy, dairy free banana bread. Since going dairy free I've adapted this recipe from an old one on the BBC good food website and I actually much prefer it with my adjustments. I only had one egg at the time of baking this so had to half all the ingredients hence why my loaf looks a wee bit dinky but it was still just as good. This is my first recipe post so please let me know if you like it and anything I could improve/that you'd like to see in the future!
Ingredients
140g dairy free butter or spread - my favourite is Flora's plant butter!
140g caster sugar
2 large eggs
140g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 very ripe bananas
STEP 1
Heat your oven to 180degrees celcius. 

STEP 2
If you can be bothered grease and line your loaf tin. I was feeling super lazy so I didn't bother and just chucked the tin straight in the dishwasher once I'd took the loaf out.


Step 3
Put your bananas in a large bowl and use the electric mixer to mush them up to your liking.


Step 4
Now I do know how to bake "properly" but this is my super quick, super lazy banana bread so we're not going to sieve things and cream things. Chuck the butter and caster sugar in the bowl with your now mashed bananas and give it all a good mix. Then add in your eggs, flour and baking powder and mix that all in. Your mixture might look split or curdled but I've done this hundreds of times with this recipe and it's been totally fine every time.


Step 5
Pour the mixture into the tin you got out earlier and bake it in the oven for roughly 45 minutes. Check if it's done using a skewer (even a knife works in a pinch), when you insert it into the loaf and pull it back out there shouldn't be anything sticking to it.
If it's not quite done give it another 5 minutes and try again.


Step 6
Leave it in the loaf tin to cool before tipping out and devouring. Pairs very well with Biscoff spread which is surprisingly dairy free.

Comments