Possessed by Tana Stone

 


While I've been on my book buying ban I have been bending the rules slightly by downloading the odd Kindle book which is on offer for free. It doesn't count a buying a book if you're not actually paying for it right?

This novel is a bit out of my usual comfort zone but after I was so pleasantly surprised by Ice Planet Barbarians I thought I'd give it a go. It's very much in the same vein with mates and explicit sex scenes so if you don't enjoy reading that I suggest you don't try this novel.

We kick off the story by meeting Astrid, she's working on her sisters cargo ship as the navigator and through her own negligence and lack of ability she has lead them into a region of space controlled by the Vandar Raiders who are now pursuing them.

A short chase leads to their ship being boarded by the fearsome raiders, a breed of muscular humanoid alien fighters who wear nothing but kilts, and Astrids guilt leads her to attempt to trade her life to spare that of the crew.

The Raas (leader of this group of raiders) decides to agree to her deal despite his better judgement and brings her onto his ship as his prisoner.

At first I had some doubts about this storyline and worried that it was going to go down a much darker route but instead I was pleasantly surprised. We see some real character depth from Astrid as she is able analyse her reactions to her situation and there is a bit of growth in there. As well as seeing a but of tenderness from the Raas which I didn't initially expect. 

The battle scenes in this we're done really well and managed not to drag on or feel too boring but it was still enough action to keep up the pace of the book and the blossoming relationship between Astrid and the Raas was actually quite sweet to watch. 

I flew through this book in about 2 days as I was eager to see where the storyline was going to progress and as the author left herself plenty of room to manoeuvre. I think this book would appeal to anyone who enjoys the romance or sci fi genres, especially if you're looking for a bit of a lighter read.

  








Comments