Barbarian Lover by Ruby Dixon

 


If you've followed me for any length of time you know that fantasy is my favourite genre but I fall into reading slumps very easily. I've found the best way to prevent this for myself is to read a good mix or ARC/review copies/book tours, chunky fantasy books and smaller easy to read novels when I don't have to memorise vast amounts of world building a lore.

With that in mind I've been really enjoying the Ice Planet Barbarians stories as some of my lighter reads. This is the third book in the series and we follow Kira and who has been feeling quite unsettled and lonely since landing on the alien planet. Kira was the first human to be abducted by the aliens who wasn't put in a stasis tube and was surgically implanted with a translation device in and around her ear. This heightens her isolation due to it picking up the slightest sound meaning that she gets little sleep with so many newly mated couples in the communal caves.

Since Kira first arrived one of the aliens Aehako has been pursuing her, and Kira keeps trying to politely put him off as she believes that she will never find a mate among the sa'khui.

We follow their little flirtatious journey which I really enjoyed as well as some unexpected dangers and nice moments with characters we've met in the previous novels.

I do really enjoy these books and should probably mention there are a lot of explicit sex scenes in them, so if that's not for you don't read them. But they are a brilliant relaxing read.











Comments