The Me You Love In The Dark

 


As some of you might know my partner collects comic books and when he came across this series he told me it was something I had to read. This is a short series made up of five comics by Skottie Young and centres around artist Ro as she rents a house somewhere in rural America in the hopes of finding some inspiration after losing the ability to continue making art.

I really loved the art style in these comics and enjoyed the flow of the story, it was quick gripping and despite only taking place over a short number of pages managed to cover a lot of ground and leave quite an impression. The comics definitely covered a lot of topics also including ambition, loneliness and mental health while still managing to give quite a creepy horror vibe with some big shocks in there.

I can't sum it up any better without giving away the whole plot but safe it say despite this only being the second comic series I've ever read it is now my favourite, which is surprising especially given I'm not a fan of the horror genre. If you read this series please let me know what you think of it.

Comments